Make a Field Read Only for selected Users
The requirement is to make a field read only for a number of users in a siebel application i.e. Comment field on a Action BC should be Read only for a number of users.
Follow the below steps to implement the solution using basic configuration steps:
1. Launch the Siebel Client application and navigate to Sitemap -> Administration – Data – > LOV Explorer view
Create a new record here called LOV_LOGIN_NAME as below:
2. Next navigate to Sitemap -> Administration – Data – > List of Values view and create new records as below:
Create number of records with User id’s equivalent to the number of users a field has to be set as Readonly i.e. in above case for the LOGIN id’ as SADMIN, PGOODMAN, DHEAD, RLADLE the configuration will make a field read only.
For other existing users such as SKUMAR, ASINGH, VBATCHELOR field will stay editable as these LOGIN id’s have not been recorded in the above LOV.
3. Click Clear Cahe button in the view corresponding to step 2 when you are done with adding user id’s of your choice.
4. In Siebel Tools go to Business component “Action” and create 3 calculated fields as below:
a. Create the first calculated field as below:
b. Create the second calculated field as below:
Lookup function is used here which returns the Order column of List of Values table.
c. Create the third calculated field as below:
5. In the Action BC, create a new BC user property as below:
6. Compile the BC Action and launch the Siebel application to see the desired reults as :
a. Remains Read Only when user logs in Siebel application with userid’s as SADMIN, PGOODMAN, DHEAD, RLADLE.
b. Remains Editable when user logs in Siebel application with userid’s as SKUMAR, ASINGH, VBATCHELOR.
This method of using the LOV table provides the flexibility to add or remove n number of users in near future without making any more SRF changes to the application.