Invoke Send Email F9 applet using a custom button
Requirement is to invoke a Send Email applet using a custom button on the applet. User should be able to send the email in a similar waty like F9 functionallity.
Follow the below configuration steps to implement the requirement.
1. In Siebel Tools, go to your applet and create a custom button as shown in screenshot below:
* “Send Communication Applet” – name of the Pop up applet used by vanilla F9 functionallity to send an email.
** “FileSendMail” – vanilla method used in F9 functionallity to send an email.
2. Modify the event called WebApplet_PreCanInvokeMethod in Server script of the applet as shown below:
3. Modify the web layout of this applet and expose the button in the correct applet mode.
4. Compile the applet and launch the Client to see the results as below:
* Button would appear as below:
** Click on this button and the email applet will be popped up as below: