How to make a hierarchical picklist in Siebel
The requirement is to enable the dynamic filter on a Static picklist in Service Request BC. We have two fields called Priority and Severity in Service Request List Applet. Priority field has values – 1-ASAP,2-High,3-Medium,4-Low and Severity has values – 0-Critical,1-Very High,2-High,3-Medium,4-Low,5-Question.
When user selects Priority field as 1-ASAP, Severity field should show values 0-Critical,1-Very High.
When user selects Priority field as 2-High, Severity field should show values 2-High,3-Medium,4-Low,5-Question.
When user selects Priority field as 3-Medium, Severity field should show values 3-Medium,4-Low,5-Question.
When user selects Priority field as 4-Low , Severity field should show values 4-Low,5-Question.
The end result should appear like this:
Follow the steps below to implement this requirement using configuration.
1. In Siebel Tools, go to Service Request BC and modify your Priority field property called “Immediate Post Changes” to TRUE.
Modify the pickmap of this field as below:
Severity field is added with Picklist Field as BLANK so that when Priority is changed, Severity field is set to NULL.
2. In the Service Request BC, query the field called Severity and modify the pickmap as below:
If Parent Value does not show, complete the point 3 first and then point 2 above.
3. Modify the picklist based on Severity field as below:
Business Component is changed from PickList Generic to List Of Values Dynamic (REL) and Search Specification as [Parent Type] = ‘SR_PRIORITY’
SR_PRIORITY is the Type value in the S_LST_OF_VAL table for Priority field.
4. Compile the objects modified above and launch the Client application.
5. In the Client application, Go to Administration-Data-> LOV Explorer and query SR_PRIORITY and define child list of values for this value as below:
6. In your client application, go to your Service Request Screen and in the Service Request List Applet select a value in Priority field, you will see the Severity fields constrained as per the configuration as shown below: