How to log in as any user (How to impersonate any user)
This article has been contributed by David Boukhors
It is sometimes difficult to reproduce a problem on Siebel, and you think the problem can be reproduced only with a specific user.
First of all, you should try with the same position and the same responsibilities as the concerned user. If the behavior is still not as expected, you should try the following tip. It allows you to connect as another user.
How it works
It is based on the Business Service SiebelUserProfileService, method SetContactContext which modifies the context of the logged in user. Please note that this method will work only on version below 184.108.40.206.
What you need
Your user must be authorized to access Business Service Test View, and you need to know the ROW_ID of your target user:
Select ROW_ID from <table_owner>.S_USER where login = <Target Login>
Your user must have access to the view you need to test. The easiest way to achieve this is to give your user all responsibilities owned by your target user, plus the Siebel Administrator Responsibility.
How to do it:
1) Log in as your normal user, and go to Administration – Business Service screen, Simulator view.
2) In the Simulator list applet, click New to add the business service you want to test.
3) Specify the Service Name = SiebelUserProfileService and the Method Name = SetContactContext
4) Specify the input parameters for the Business Service Method in the Input Property Set applet:
Property Name = Login Id
Property Value = the ROW_ID of your target user
5) Click Run to run the Business Service
6) Now go to Help>Technical Support>User Id and check your user now correspond to your target user
7) From now, all you do in Siebel will be recorded as if you were the target user.
As described on Oracle Support in document Doc ID 1551728.1, the method SetContactContext is replaced with SetContactContextEx on Siebel version 220.127.116.11 and above. You’ll need to know the target user’s password to use this method.