EIM update is used to update data in Siebel base tables. Direct modification of data in base tables is not recommended because:
– There are many logical relationships that exist within the Siebel base tables and they are often complex, and governed by the Siebel repository metadata.
– Direct modification of Siebel base tables is not supported because there is a high risk of data integrity corruption. EIM maintains data integrity and resolves foreign key relationships during the import process.
– EIM updates get routed to mobile users with Siebel Remote local databases or Siebel replicated nodes. If you make a direct update, the changes will not get routed to mobile clients database without synchronizing.
– Keep ‘LOG TRANSACTIONS’ parameter TRUE if you have mobile clients.
– Keep INSERT ROWS parameter as FALSE if you don’t want your ifb file to insert any new row to base table in case your EIM table contains a row with user key which is not present in base table.
– Before running the ifb file, first query into the interface table and ensure that there is no data present in your selected batch number.
For e.g. Select * from EIM_ACTIVITY where IF_ROW_BATCH_NUM = 415236
– It is better to put ONLY BASE COLUMNS parameter and specify the user key + the column(s) to be modified.