Actions on explicit WriteRecord using Runtime events
The requirement is to make the record read only, only after user saves the record explicitly i.e. whenever Activity Status is changed to “Done” it should not be read only immediately. The record should get read only, with a condition (Status as Done), after user saves the record explicitly.
Follow the below steps to implement this requirement.
1. In Siebel Tools, query the BC called “Action” and create a new calculated field as below:
2. In the Action BC, create a new BC user property as shown below:
3. In your Action BC, go to BusComp_WriteRecord event and write the below line of code to refresh this calculated field “WR”
4. Compile the Action BC and launch Siebel Client application.
5. In your Client application, configure a profile attribute in Runtime Events Adminsitration to set the Calculated field created in Step 1 as shown below
In Sitemap, go to Administration -RunTimeEvents and create an Action sets as below
Applet no: 1
Applet No: 2
Applet No: 3
Go to the Events Tab and create the record as shown below
In this applet, click on Menu and the press, “Reload RunTime Events”.
You are done…Happy learning!!